Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faxanadu

1. Loved this game when I was younger. I agree the sense of progression stands out the most in this. Pretty funny that the ending is only 1 minute long at most, but back then it meant everything for you to see it.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

2. I recall that if you spent all your money in the begining you could head back to the king and get some more.

This game was released around christmas over here and I remember heading out to the local toy store to burn my gift money. Was looking at Contra and Faxanadu. I decided to go with the later and got a cool Faxanadu t-shirt. Some other kid picked up Contra at the same time and I remember thinking that he was a sucker not getting in when you got a nice t and all. Looking back I should have gone with Contra.

3. I was just thinking of this game the other day and wanting to play it. I remember borrowing my friends copy and playing it. I remember it being hard as hell back then, but I was steady trying to save up for better weapons. I think I still have his game manual for this. Neo has also got me wanting to play battle of Olympus too, cause I used to rent that like crazy.

4. I'm glad to see that there is a lot of Faxanadu love out there! It's really one of my favorite games. I've always wanted more. I found out that there's a PC-Engine pseudo-sequel that was only released in Japan, titled Legend of Xanadu. I'm not hardcore enough to hunt that one down.

NeoZeedeater, thanks a lot man! I'd never even heard of "Battle of Olympus" before! I checked it out online and it looks really cool. I'm going to give a try.

I love this style of game, I used to play Zelda 2 and Faxanadu nonstop. Always wishing for more games like that.