Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sakura Taisen in NA

1. Sakura Taisen in NA

»» From Games_Are_Fun:

« Games are Fun: We are all big fans of the Sakura Taisen series and the announcement of six new Sakura Taisen titles for the PS2 has us very excited. Do you think this will finally be the chance for Sakura Taisen to come to the United States?

Toru Kubo: Of course, our global strategy includes the US market as well. I have no doubt that Sakura will make it to the US, but at this point it hasn’t been decided which game will arrive first, so details to follow. Each of the games will be good ones, so please look forward to them! »

2. If we get 3 spinoffs, and not the remake or sequel, I'm gonna be pissed.

3. Cool.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. Nice.

...Ack. The PS2 Vs. JPS2 plot thickens...

5. Originally posted by Tain
    Nice.

...Ack. The PS2 Vs. JPS2 plot thickens...
    The voices say... no, shout: JPN...

6. Yeah, so they do.

I think it's going to be a JPS2, so don't worry.

Nice sig, by the way.

7. Thanks, thanks. And a fine choice. Get beatmania! There needs to be some score chasing if I ever happen to get it and a PS2.

8. To reiterate again...

Um... first of all, this past spring, Sega launched their "Sakura Taisen World Project", which would include bringing a part of this series to the US.

The issue isn't "Is ST coming to the US?" but "What Sakura games are coming to the US?" There's 6 in production for the PS2 right now, and the speculation is among 3 of them: Sakura Taisen Atsuki Chishio ni (the ST1 remake), Sakura Taisen 5 and Sakura Taisen 5 Action.

ST1 people have speculated because they have an English logo for it, and the font of the Japanese one is New Orleans-ish. I personally don't believe they'll bring this out here because... why would they? There's no plans for ST2-4 on the PS2, so introducing the Tokyo cast will do nothing in the scheme of things.

ST5 takes place in America, so it would be the perfect opportunity to introduce the dramatic adventure series here.

ST5 Action could also be the title they focus on bringing here in order to appeal to the North American gamer. To be honest, I'm very skeptical (read: biased) against ST5 Action cuz the idea sounds idiotic... as if they are making it only for the Western audience. But who knows, it may actually be a decent game.

At any rate, those are the top 3 contendors and depending on what site you go to, it'll mention 1 or several of those games as US possibilities.

9. They're not remaking ST2-4 on PS2? What the heck is the point of remaking ST1 then? O_o

I've played and played 1-3 (played 4 once and that was enough -_-) so a NA version isn't too important to me, especially when I'm sure it will be dubbed, like virtually every game has been lately, even though there's enough room on the disk for both voice tracks. Grrr.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2